Interested in becoming a part of the Alma College family? We make it easy with our free online application options. You can apply by choosing an application below or by submitting an undergraduate Common Application.
We’re always taking applications, so apply to be a Scot today!
We recommend that high school seniors apply during the fall for maximum scholarship consideration.
Which application do I fill out?
- First-year: first-time college students or students with 24 or fewer credits from an accredited institution.
- Transfer: students with 25 credits or more from an accredited institution.
- International: current visa holders or those outside the U.S. seeking a visa. Lawful permanent residents, refugee or undocumented students should use the domestic first-year or transfer application. Learn more about international student admission requirements.
- Graduate: students interested in graduate studies and with completion, or on-track to completion, of an undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university prior to the start of the program.
What are my next steps?
Alma College engages in a holistic admissions process. To be considered for traditional admission, domestic high school students must submit an application, admissions essay, and at least three years of transcripted high school coursework. Students with a 2.75 high school GPA (or higher) are automatically considered for admission without the need to submit an ACT/SAT test score through the fall of 2023.
- Transcripts: Transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts are required upon enrollment.
- Alternative admissions pathways for students with a high school grade point average of less than a 2.75 continue to be available and will be addressed individually with students. Please apply to get the process started.
When will I know if I’m accepted?
Admissions decisions are typically provided within two weeks. If you have questions about your application, please contact your admissions representative.
Once a Scot, always a Scot
If you have previously attended Alma, please do not complete the online application for admission; instead, contact the Registrar’s Office at (989) 463-7348 for guidance.
Note: This does not apply to students who were dual enrolled at Alma during high school. You are considered a first-year student.