Interested in becoming a part of the Alma College family? We make it easy with our free online application options. You can apply by choosing an application below or by submitting an undergraduate Common Application.
We’re always taking applications, so apply to be a Scot today!
We recommend that high school seniors apply during the fall for maximum scholarship consideration.
Which application do I fill out?
- First-year: first-time college students or students with 24 or fewer credits from an accredited institution.
- Transfer: students with 25 credits or more from an accredited institution.
- International: current visa holders or those outside the U.S. seeking a visa. Lawful permanent residents, refugee or undocumented students should use the domestic first-year or transfer application.
- Graduate: students interested in graduate studies and with completion, or on-track to completion, of an undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university prior to the start of the program.
What are my next steps?
Alma College engages in a holistic admissions process. Once you submit your application first-year applicants should submit their official high school transcript and transfer students should submit an official transcript for all completed college-level work. Learn more about international student admission requirements.
- Transcripts: Due to the K-12 school closures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we understand that, at this time, you may not be able to get an official high school transcript. If that is the case, Alma College will temporarily accept an unofficial transcript in place of an official transcript, for admissions purposes only, if sent by a school official. School officials should email email@example.com. Official transcripts are required upon enrollment.
Standardized Tests: In response to limited access to standardized testing caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have suspended the SAT/ACT testing requirement for traditional first-year student admission for students being considered for admission for the incoming class of Fall 2022.
- Students with a 2.75 high school grade point average or higher do not need to opt-in to a test optional pathway when applying, they will be automatically considered for admission without the need to submit an ACT/SAT test score.
- Alternative admissions pathways for students with a high school grade point average of less than a 2.75 continue to be available and will be addressed individually with students. Please apply to get the process started!
When will I know if I’m accepted?
Admissions decisions are typically provided within two weeks. If you have questions about your application, please contact your admissions representative.
Once a Scot, always a Scot
If you have previously attended Alma, please do not complete the online application for admission; instead, contact the Registrar’s Office at (989) 463-7348 for guidance.
Note: This does not apply to students who were dual enrolled at Alma during high school. You are considered a first-year student.