Dual enrollment gives you an advance start on your college career. Gain experience navigating a college class and campus, all before you graduate high school.
Why should you dual enroll at Alma College?
- Save money on college costs. High school districts typically pay the tuition and fees for dual enrollment classes. Which means you could complete almost a full year of college at a very low cost.
- You can take classes that are not offered at your high school. Dual enrolled students at Alma College can take classes in any of our majors or minors.
- Experience a college campus. Most students dual enroll via online classes at other colleges, but at Alma College all of your dual enrollment classes take place on our beautiful campus. This means you get to experience interacting with a professor, seeing class presentations, and working in study groups.
- Our credits travel. Because of Alma’s top academic profile, rigor, and class expectations, credits you earn at Alma College will transfer with you to most colleges that you are considering attending in the future.
- Dual enrolled students have access to our full campus. You will have a student ID that will allow you to use our recreation center, attend campus concerts and speakers, go to student organization activities, and take advantage of resources like tutoring and career development.
What’s required to dual enroll?
- Meet with your high school guidance counselor to find out if you are eligible to dual enroll based on your high school’s requirements.
Complete and return our dual enrollment application
- For a list of course options, please review the Fall 2023 Dual Enrollment Suggested Course List and the Tentative Winter 2024 Dual Enrollment Suggested Courses List. With instructor approval, you can also enroll in courses not on the list.
- Alma College allows students to take one or two dual enrollment courses per semester.