Who am I? Where am I going? Where will I find my place in the world? Designing a life of meaning and purpose is the work of a lifetime. And it starts here.
Explore academic pathways
- What Can I Do With This Major? is an online collection of information about over 90 different academic majors. This tool outlines potential career paths, employers, professional associations, and even links to employment opportunities. While it’s not specific to Alma College, it can be a valuable tool in your research.
- Visit the web pages for the academic departments you are interested in. Reach out to faculty to learn more about the major and the department.
- Submit a request to join the Pre-Health ProfessionsCanvas page to begin preparing early to apply.
- Request to be added to the Pre-Law Canvas page to stay in the know!
Explore the world
- Consider Off-Campus Study to earn Alma College credit at one of our partner sites around the world or an academic internship in Chicago, New York City, Philadelphia, or Washington D.C.
- Plan an Alma Venture experience that will help you gain a new perspective on your place in the world.
- Although a few fields correspond with professions, such as engineering and nursing, most liberal arts degrees don’t point to specific employment routes. Rather, they provide a set of skills that help job seekers navigate the professional landscape. To decide which direction to head after graduation, focus on your competencies, not your major. The National Association of Colleges and Employers developed eight core competencies for a career-ready workforce. Explore what employers are looking for by visiting the National Association of Colleges and Employers website.
- Using data from the U.S. Department of Labor, My Next Move has information about thousands of occupations and allows students to search occupational information by industry, interest, and outlook.
- Conduct informational interviews with family, friends, alumni, or other connections to learn about their career paths and what the day-to-day is is like in their profession.