Let's Connect



Love to sing? You'll love Alma.

Our three choirs bring together students from every major on campus — from chemistry and computer science to dance and data analytics.

Our outstanding facilities, talented faculty and unmatched performance opportunities mean that, at Alma, your musical aspirations can reach new heights. You’ll be in great company, too: more than one-quarter of our students take part in at least one musical, theatre or dance performance each year.

Plus, regardless of major, you can audition for one of our $1,500 annual performance scholarships.

The College Chorale

The College Chorale membership is drawn primarily from first- and second-year classes. The group has 75+ singers and is open to all Alma students based on live (or virtual) auditions. Around 10% of our students are music majors, and the other 90% represent other academic disciplines.

Each year, the College Chorale joins forces with the Alma Choir to present our annual Festival of Carols in December and the Masterworks concert in April.

The Glee Club

The Glee Club is the home for contemporary acapella singing at Alma College. We have three principal acapella groups on campus — Scots on the Rocks, Pretty in Plaid and Highland Harmonics.

The 25+ voices from these groups sing together in the Glee Club. Our repertoire runs the gamut from 1950s doo-wop to contemporary pop hits. Each year, the Glee Club commissions new charts of favorite pop songs to be composed specifically for the Alma College groups.

The Alma Choir

Our primary touring choir, the Alma Choir is the senior singing group on campus. The majority of our 50+ members come from the junior and senior classes and earn their spot in the Alma Choir through participation in the College Chorale and/or the Glee Club.

As a member, you’ll enjoy an ambitious performing, touring and recording schedule and sing alongside a gifted group of peers, around 20% of whom are preparing for careers as professional musicians.

Music at Alma

Sing With Us