Founded in 2021, the Center for College and Community Engagement (CCCE) creates collaborative opportunities for the college and community to develop strategic partnerships, share knowledge, and serve mid-Michigan together. Through listening to diverse perspectives, we find shared purpose on the path toward creating a more just and sustainable world. Guided by this vision, Alma students will learn the value of civic responsibility, engage in meaningful service, and discover their purpose and vocation.
Be Good and Do Good
The Center’s activities focus on four key areas of concern: engagement, community, sustainability, and purpose. Our logo represents the blending of them together to form the Center. Through the Center, you’ll develop a broader understanding of each area.
Programs, initiatives and activities:
- Service and service learning
- Plaid Serves summer service, leadership, and community organizing course
- Scots in Service living learning community
- Alternative Breaks
- Great Lakes Watershed Institute
- Rural Michigan Initiative
- Faculty and staff engagement and training
- Alma Venture programming
- Presidential Speaker Series
- Athletics service
- Curricular programming to promote ethical reflection and engagement
- Interfaith partnerships
Helping Others Helps You
The human spirit drives us to give back. Service and experiential learning expose you to new ideas, people, and networks, strengthening a sense of social responsibility and citizenship skills. It’s what the liberal arts are all about.
All around are people and organizations struggling to achieve healthy and sustainable existence. Productive and proactive engagement makes a positive difference in your life and the lives of those you work with.