FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Salary; Exempt; Administrative, 12 Months
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
The Web Application Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining web applications and related systems.
This position reports to the Director of Web Development.
• Provides system analysis, design, programming, testing, documentation, and support for web systems and services.
• Develops technical specifications, project and resource plans, project updates, and presentation materials.
• Maintains an up-to-date source code catalog and repository of all ITS developed software.
• Collaborates with the Infrastructure team on cyber-security issues, and web server operating system patching.
• Responsible for web server environmental software patching, application patching, and cybersecurity issues related to web systems and services.
• Responsible for customer service outcomes related to application support.
• Provides project management for software development work.
• Works collaboratively with other ITS teams and the campus community.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skill with current technologies in the IT industry.
• On occasion, must work after hours, including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or related discipline.
• Demonstrable ability to develop database-driven web applications.
• Good organizational skills and the ability to communicate and interact effectively with IT professionals and non-technical users.
• Two or more years of professional experience in web development.
• Familiarity with PHP frameworks such as Laravel and Symfony.
• Demonstrable ability to work effectively in an enterprise computer services support department.
• Knowledge and experience integrating cloud and on-premises systems.
• Experience in a higher education environment.
• Project management experience.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application, a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
Alma College is classified as a selective Baccalaureate College: Diverse Fields by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders, Alma’s students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.