FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Salaried; Exempt; Administrative, 9 months
DEPARTMENT: Theatre and Dance
The Theatre Technical Director and Assistant Heritage Center Coordinator will support the technical needs of the Theatre and Dance department.
$45,000 – $58,000
• Managing the Alma College Theatre Scene Shop.
• Setting and enforcing safe-use guidelines for equipment.
• Routinely performing (or delegating) preventive maintenance on equipment.
• Purchasing new equipment and replacing failing equipment as needed.
• Keeping an inventory of the theatre’s technical supplies.
• Leading students in set construction/painting/light hanging during afternoon
• Turning designer’s sketches into technical drafts used by carpenters.
• Support the Heritage Center Coordinator as available.
• Attend production meetings and supervise technical aspects of Theatre and
Dance tech rehearsals and performances.
• Additional job-related duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
• Support the Heritage Center Coordinator in their duties as available.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field; master’s degree (MA or MFA) preferred.
• Strong technical and communication skills with an appreciation for the importance of artistic expression in an educational setting.
• Experience with computer aided design (CAD).
• Broad knowledge of commonly used lighting and equipment as well as audio and video equipment.
• Industry practices for: lighting, hang, and run; efficient load-in and -out of the scenery, lights, and equipment; and equipment maintenance.
• Ability to work closely with students, faculty, visiting performers, and patrons.
• Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College employment application, a current résumé, and contact information for three references via email to email@example.com. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Alma College is a selective, liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and the development of responsible leaders. Alma’s students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered