FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Hourly; Non-exempt; Administrative; 10 months; Part Time; Temporary
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs
This position will assist with all duties related to one of the residential experiences at Alma College. This includes, but is not limited to, mentoring residents, managing day-to-day residence hall operations, and developing engagement opportunities that support student success, persistence, and development. This position will generally work 20 hours per week, though some weeks may require additional time. This position will conclude on May 31, 2024.
• Reports directly to the assistant director of residence life operations and indirectly to the director of residence life.
• Supervises student house managers and other student staff.
• Attend mandatory, regularly scheduled Residence Life meetings and trainings.
• Attend regular one-on-one meetings with supervisor.
• Devote 20 hours per week to the internship (structure to be determined by supervisor and intern).
• Cultivate and maintain good working relationships with staff, faculty, and student staff, and residents.
• Assist with departmental projects including student staff supervision, training, and selection.
• Support College policies and guidelines.
• Review administrative tasks completed by student staff.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Earned Bachelor’s degree.
• Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image.
• Ability to balance several projects and meet deadlines.
• Current/enrolled in a graduate student in the Fall of 2023 at Central Michigan University.
• Previous residence life experience.
• Career Interest in residence life/student affairs.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references, via email to email@example.com.
Alma College is classified as a selective Baccalaureate College: Diverse Fields by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders, Alma’s students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.