FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Salaried; Exempt; Administrative, 12 months
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs
The Heritage Center supervisor will assist with technical aspects of events and performances held at the Heritage Center.
$51,480 – $74,663
• Coordinate technical arrangements and design needs for the greater campus and external partners within the performance spaces.
• Staff events and performances.
• Educate and mentor students on the process of setting up events and productions as well as proper techniques of equipment set-up.
• Coordinate maintenance and repair of Heritage Center equipment.
• Prepare the Heritage Center annual budget.
• Assist the Theatre Technical Director, as needed.
• Additional job-related duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
•Bachelor’s degree in a related field; master’s degree (MA or MFA) preferred.
•Strong technical and communication skills with an appreciation for the importance of artistic expression in an educational setting.
• Experience with computer aided design (CAD).
• Broad knowledge of commonly used lighting and equipment as well as audio and video equipment.
• Experience with lighting, audio, and video recording; live streaming; live sound; efficient load-in and -out, and lights procedures.
• Ability to work closely with students, faculty, visiting performers, and patrons.
• Ability to work evening and weekend hours, as needed.
Interested candidates need to submit an Alma College employment application, a current résumé, and contact information for three references via email to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Alma College is classified as a selective Baccalaureate College: Diverse Fields by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders, Alma’s students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.