FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Hourly; Non-Exempt; Administrative; 12 months, Part Time
DEPARTMENT: Center for College Community Engagement
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide administrative and programming support for the Center for College and Community Engagement. This is a part-time position – estimated at 20-30 hours per week, with scheduling details to be determined with the selected candidate.
- Administrative support for the 3CE – record keeping, scheduling and correspondence with external and internal stakeholders.
- Event planning and support.
- Support campus volunteer engagement – including work with volunteer engagement software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of when and how to maintain confidentiality.
- A self-starter and the ability to work in a fast-paced office setting with frequent deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of standard office software including Word, Excel, Acrobat Pro, databases, mail merge, and an integrated calendaring system.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to perform tasks with exceptional accuracy.
- Work experience in higher education, nonprofit and/or civic organizations
- Work experience in an office setting
Job duties require sitting at a desk and computer for various lengths of time. Due to the requirements of the role, individuals must move from building to building to complete necessary tasks.
Interested candidates need to submit an Alma College application, letter of interest, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to Human Resources at email@example.com. Priority will be given to applicants who apply by September 1, 2023. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Alma College is classified as a selective Baccalaureate College: Diverse Fields by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders, Alma’s students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.