Transfer Living Learning Community
Located in Bonbright Hall, the Transfer Living Learning Community (TLLC) helps new transfer students build community at Alma College.
We designed our TLLC to help you get the most out of your time at Alma and translate your previous college and life experience into academic success. As a new transfer student, you’ll automatically be placed in the TLLC, although you can choose a different on-campus housing option if you prefer.
Our TLLC is open to incoming transfer students* though returning transfer students are welcome to join if space allows! As a TLLC student, you must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Attend and participate in at least 75% of TLLC meetings each semester.
- Attend at least 75% of TLLC social and academic events each semester.
- Plan and successfully execute a community-wide event at the end of the academic year (fourth week of March).
- Create intentional goals each month and document your progress.
*Preference will be given to incoming transfer students who qualify for the MICUP Grant.
The application to join the TLLC will be posted online in the winter 2023 semester.