Parking & Maps
Alma is a small campus and easy to navigate, but we’ve provided some maps that might come in handy if you’re a first-time visitor or have specific needs.
Visitors may find one of several campus maps useful during their time at Alma. Each map offers slightly different information to the user, from color-coded parking lot designations to accessible transit routes around the campus to an interactive map that tells a little history about the buildings and features of our campus.
- Color-Coded Parking Map*
- Map with Accessible Routes
- Campus Map with Key to Buildings
- Bus Parking Map
Please refer to the Alma College Parking Policies and Enforcement for more details.
All motor vehicles parked at Alma College are required to be registered and display a valid parking permit. Parking is free for visitors and a permit may be issued by using one of the following steps:
- General campus visitors during business hours—Visit the Admissions Office in the Ried-Knox Administration Building for a parking permit.
- Guests of students—Your Alma College student host should accompany you to the Campus Safety Office to register your vehicle and obtain a parking permit.
- Guests of faculty and staff—Your host should obtain a parking permit for you from the Campus Safety Office.
The Campus Safety Office is located in Room 148 in the Tyler-Van Dusen Campus Center. If the Safety Office is closed, please call x7777 or (989) 463-7777 and a Campus Safety Officer will assist you.
Please place your visitor permit face up on the front dash of your vehicle. See the Color-coded Parking Map for lot designations and locations.
Parking and traffic regulations are enforced year-around, including periods when classes are not in session. Vehicles must be parked within marked spaces. There is no parking allowed in fire lanes, garage entrances, dumpster areas, sidewalks, loading dock areas or on the grass. Any vehicle parked on college property without a license plate and valid registration will be treated as abandoned and removed from campus.
Placing handbills, flyers or other advertisements on vehicles is prohibited unless approved by the Residence Life Office. Please note that our campus is a smoke- and vape-free community.