Welcome to Alma College! Below you can learn about orientation from why we do it to what we hope you gain from participating. We cannot wait to welcome you to campus on August 27th!
For Orientation 2020 we are going digital. We will be offering a space in the Guidebook App. Coming summer 2020.
The purpose of Alma College Orientation is to:
- Acclimate first year students to the campus culture
- Create meaningful connections to other first year students
- Instill institutional pride within first year students
- Become familiar with campus resources
- Help students adjust to the academic expectations of a collegiate atmosphere
- Discover responsibilities of self-reliance in college
- Explore the college and surrounding area
At the end of Orientation students will
- Know about campus resources applicable to their first year experience
- Develop meaningful connections with fellow first year students, upper-class students, and faculty/staff
- Explain Alma College specific language
- Locate their classroom building and residence hall
- Name their academic advisor and their office location
- Describe the different offices in the Student Services Office
- State the Housing resources available to them to resolve any questions
- Recall the Alma College Student Handbook as a resource about behavior expectations
What to expect during your first six days
During your first six days we make it our mission to make Alma College home. From engaging in community building activities to teaching you about campus resources that will help you during your time here this program is here to help you succeed. You will be sorted into groups associated with your First Year Seminar (FYS) so you can get to know your classmates early on. During the first few days you are going through some mandatory events to ensure you are getting the information necessary for your success. When the mandatory events are over there are lots of evening and weekend programs for you to enjoy. Orientation is about having fun and learning more about what it means to be a True Scot! Check out the schedule below to see what’s in store for your orientation!
Want to meet your future classmates?
Join the Alma College Class of 2023 Facebook group and Connect on Instagram and share your excitement about becoming a True Scot! @almacollege2023