Because your room is your “home away from home,” the college permits and encourages you to create a comfortable and pleasant living space. When decorating your room, we would like you to observe the following precautions:
- Please do not hang anything from the ceiling. The soft, acoustical material is easily damaged, and charges will be assessed for repairs and painting.
- Please do not put nails or screws into the walls or ceiling. Please refrain from using duct, transparent, double-sided or packaging tape, etc., as they will damage the paint and leave adhesive residue, which will result in charges for repair to the damaged area.
- We have found that products like 3M’s Command Adhesive hooks work well for mounting bulletin boards, banners, etc., and are non-marring and easily removable. To install posters, pictures, etc., removable adhesive putty is recommended.
- Area rugs or a large piece of carpeting for your room are acceptable.
- In the hallway, please only post or place decorative items on the door to your room.
Last updated 7/21/2016