Retaliation is defined as any adverse action taken against a person or group participating in the Student Conduct Process, because of their participation in the Process. Retaliatory acts include any acts against an individual for
- Alleging violation of College policy,
- Supporting a party alleging a violation of College policy
- Documenting a violation of College policy
- Participating in an investigation of an allegation, or
- Assisting in providing information relevant to an allegation.
All retaliation is a serious violation of Alma College policy, and any individual or group found retaliating against another individual or group will face stringent disciplinary action.
Acts of alleged retaliation should be reported immediately to the Director of Residence Life or Vice President for Student Affairs and will be promptly investigated. Alma College is prepared to take appropriate steps to protect individuals who fear that they may be subjected to retaliation.
Last Updated 7/26/16