Bylaws of the Student Congress of Alma College.
Article 1: Voting Representatives:
Voting representatives shall consist of one member from each organization officially recognized by Student Congress. The following list contains the current membership for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Accounting Association
- Active Minds
- Alma College Action
- Alma College Justice
- Alma College Otaku Gamers
- Alma College Republicans
- Alpha Gamma Delta
- Alpha Phi Omega
- Alpha Psy Omega
- Alpha Xi Delta
- Anthropology Club
- Biology Club/Beta Beta Beta
- Board Games Club
- Business Professionals of America
- Catholic Student Organization
- Chemistry Club
- Chinese Club
- Climbing Club
- Colleges Against Cancer
- Education Club
- Engaging with Aging
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Financial Management Organization
- Forgotten Children of Eastern Europe (FCEE)
- French Club
- Gaming Guild
- Gamma Phi Beta
- Gender & Sexuality Diversity
- German Club
- Heritage Center Productions
- Hispanic Coalition
- Hockey Club
- Interfaith Council
- International Club
- IPHS Honorary
- Kappa Iota
- Kappa Pi
- Math Club
- MultiCultural Student Union
- National Student Nursing Association
- New Life Campus Ministries
- Phi Sigma Sigma
- Pi Delta Chi (Dance Honorary)
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Pine River Anthology
- Short Stack
- Political Science club
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Psi Chi
- See Spot Run
- See Spot Run Literacy Mag
- Short Stack
- Sigma Alpha Iota
- Sigma Chi
- Ski Club
- Step Team
- Student Alumni Association
- Student Athlete Advisory
- Student Athletic Training Association
- The Almanian
- The Scot Yearbook
- Theta Chi
- Ultimate Frisbee Club
- VEE Club
- Zeta Sigma
Article 2: Student Activity Fee:
The Student Activity Fee for the 2011-2012 academic year shall be $250.00.
The Student Activity Fee for the 2012-2013 academic year shall be $260.00.
Article 3: Executive Council Salaries:
Officers’ salaries shall be determined by the Student Budget and Finance Committee and approved by a simple majority of the voting body present. Salaries for the 2017-2018 academic year shall be as follows:
- The President shall receive $1,200.00 per year
- The Vice President shall receive $1,000.00 per year
- The Treasurer shall receive $1,000.00 per year
- The Secretary shall receive $800.00 per year
Article 4: Organization Binders:
All organizations representatives of Student Congress shall each be responsible for a records binder. These binders shall be given to the representative under the ownership of Student Congress and shall be returned to Student Congress in the same condition in which it was received. Penalties for not following this procedure shall be decided by the Budget and Finance Committee. These binders shall include sections for:
- Organization Constitution and member list
- Student Congress constitution and member list
- Organization minutes and notes
- Student Congress minutes and notes
- Budget and Finance information
This binder shall also be used as the budget binder for each organization and shall be submitted to the Budget and Finance Committee under their discretion (Article VII, Section III).
Article 5: Mid-year Audits/Evaluations and Budget Proposals:
In the event that an organization does not hand in the material deemed necessary by the Budget and Finance Committee in a timely manner, the following punishments shall be enacted upon that same organization by the BFC:
- 10% of the budget shall be cut from the organization’s remaining budget for information regarding mid-year audits that is turned into the BFC up to one week late.
- 20% of the budget shall be cut from the organization’s remaining budget for information regarding mid-year audits that is turned into the BFC up to two weeks late.
- If a group chooses to turn in materials after two weeks, the BFC should deem an appropriate punishment.
- 5% of an organization’s proposed budget (as finalized by the BFC) shall be cut for each day that information regarding that same proposed budget is late to the BFC. This will remain in effect up to 50% of an organization’s budget (or ten days). Upon this the BFC will deem an appropriate punishment.
The preceding are subject to the BFC and they shall bring forth any changes to the Student Congress. In an instance that an organization’s budget is shown to be already used or having the majority spent, the BFC shall assess and administer punishments, as it deems necessary and just.
Article 6: Clothing Policy:
Only $200 or 10% of the Student Congress allocated budget (whichever is greater) can be used on organization t-shirt and/or clothing purchases. Clothing must indicate a relationship to Alma College and have a purpose to promote your organization and college as a while. This policy may be revoked at any time. Violation of this policy is punishable by a 10% deduction of the organization’s remaining budget.
Article 7: Food/Drink Policy:
Only $200 or 10% of the Student Congress allocated budget (whichever is greater) can be used on organization food/drink purchases/personal club usage. However, if it’s for an activity open and advertised to all campus, there is no budget limit. This policy may be revoked at any time. Violation of this policy is punishable by a 10% deduction of the organization’s remaining budget.
Personal Club Usage: Food for travel trips, meetings, private events for club members only, and internal events.
All campus activity: Advertised events, community outreach events, and philanthropic events.
Article 8: Amendments to the Bylaws:
Amendments to the bylaws shall be approved by a simple majority of Student Congress Representatives. The President shall have the option of calling for a roll call vote if deemed necessary. Any representative may also request a roll call vote.
Revised & Approved April 2018