Due to social distancing restrictions, no guests or visitors are permitted in student housing. This includes other Alma College students who are not assigned to your housing unit (room, apartment, suite, or house). Additionally, social events are not permitted in residential spaces, including small housing.
We have taken the following steps to ensure your safety in the residence halls:
- Students and staff in residence halls are expected to comply with campus regulations regarding social distancing and face coverings.
- All residential spaces, including common spaces, have been evaluated for maximum occupancy under social distancing. These limits are posted throughout the residence halls.
- No gatherings are permitted in residence hall shared spaces (lobbies, study rooms, laundry rooms, etc.) that exceed stated occupancy limits.
- Students only have ID card access to their own residence hall. This minimizes cut through traffic in residential spaces.
- The college still requires residency for all students unless a student has a documented accommodation or otherwise meets the qualifications for a residency exemption. If you have a qualifying need that is not met by your current housing arrangement, contact Disability Support Services to begin the accommodation process. If you have individual questions or concerns about returning to campus, please contact Abby McGuire, Director of Academic Support.
To learn more, click on the arrows in the table below.
For the safety of our students, guests and staff, fall 2020 move in looks significantly different than past move in processes.
|A Tailored Response by Housing Type|
We have also taken actions that are tailored to each building type:
Traditional Residence Halls (Gelston, Bruske, Newberry, and Mitchell)
Suite- and Apartment-Style Halls
|Guests and Gatherings|
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and our need to ensure the health and safety of all students, faculty, and staff, housing and residence life policies have been amended.
This calendar includes all relevant dates for re-opening the residence halls.
Please note that if you are a fall athlete, marching band member, RA, or FYG, your move in date will be provided by your coach or group leader. If you are an international student, you should continue to work with your admissions representative or Carla Jensen to plan your arrival.
|Phased Guest and Visitor Policy|
Guests and visitation in college-owned housing will be reinstated in phases. The college will consider the following in making the decision to move between phases:
Our phase will be reviewed every 3-4 weeks, or more frequently if needed. Phases may be moved forward or backward. For the purpose of this policy, the following definitions are in place: