The current increased regional and national case load is expected to continue into the winter months. In response, our winter term return to campus plan adds some additional policies and plans to what we had in the fall. We believe these policies are vital to the health and safety of all on campus.
- Asymptomatic campus-wide testing will continue to be part of our protocol in the winter term, along with symptomatic testing, rapid testing, wastewater testing and more. See our COVID-19 dashboard for more information. Students, faculty and staff will continue to complete a health screening form every day, which will help identify possible symptoms in a proactive way.
We ask that students not leave the greater Alma area, except during designated weekends, which will be followed by campus-wide testing.
- Travel outside the greater Alma area for medical, dental or mental health appointments is permitted, as is college-sponsored travel like athletics.
- Students with off-campus employment during the academic term must complete the off-campus employment form, even if you did so in the fall.
The weekends that students living in on-campus housing are free to travel to and from home are: Feb. 20-21, March 13-14, March 27-28, April 2-4 and April 24-25. If students leave the greater Alma area for an emergency or unauthorized travel, they must precautionary self-quarantine and receive a negative COVID-19 test. See our self-quarantine policy for more information.
- Students who urgently need to travel off campus outside these weekends should email Shelby Shawl, email@example.com, to discuss next steps.
- Alma has adopted a Phased Guest Policy, which is guided by factors like student positivity rate, isolation and quarantine capacity, and overall trends in positive cases. The college is committed to reviewing these polices and making adjustments if and when it is safe to do so.
- Our updated academic calendar is available on the Registrar’s Office web page.