The current increased regional and national case load is expected to continue into the winter months. In response, our winter term return to campus plan adds some additional policies and plans to what we had in the fall. We believe these policies are vital to the health and safety of all on campus.
In addition, we will delay the start of in-person classes by one week. Move-in will now take place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Jan. 16-17. We will observe Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday, Jan. 18. Winter term classes will begin on Tuesday, January 19.
Please see below for important information on our Return to Campus policies.
- Asymptomatic campus-wide testing will continue to be part of our protocol in winter term. This includes a test prior to students’ return. Please check your Alma College email for more information and instructions on how to order and return the test.
- For students living in on-campus housing, we ask that you not return home or travel outside the greater Alma area for any reason, for the first four weeks of the term.
- Our tentative plan is to allow students to return home on the fifth weekend of the semester (Feb. 19-21, 2021). That weekend will be immediately followed by campus-wide testing.
- Students should begin completing the daily health screening again on Jan. 2. This will help us identify possible concerns before you return to campus.
- We ask that students self-quarantine beginning on Jan. 6 before returning to campus. It is a big request during the holiday season, but it is one of the most important steps you can take to keep yourself and our entire campus safe.
- Winter move in will take place on Saturday, Jan. 16, and Sunday, Jan. 17, 2021 between 10 a.m.-5 p.m., which is the weekend before classes begin.