The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act 2021 (CRRSAAA) provides funding to colleges and universities to assist students through cash grants and to support schools with costs incurred as a result of COVID-19. Half of the funding provided through this act to schools is designated to go directly to students in the form of cash grants. The second half of the funding is designated for the school to use but is not specific to students.
Do I qualify for funding?
Students do not need to apply for these cash grants. Alma College will be distributing funding to all students who meet the following:
- Attended winter term 2021 full time (12 credits or more) at any point up until February 26, 2021 and did not withdraw prior to February 26, 2021.
- Per requirements set by the grant, to qualify, a student must be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- Students must have filed a 2020-21 FAFSA and be eligible for Title IV aid.
- The amount each student will receive is based on a student’s financial need, as determined by the 2020-21 FAFSA, so the grant amount will not be the same for every student and is not negotiable.
- Funding cannot be applied directly to the student account without their permission. It will be distributed directly to the student. The student may pay it back onto the student account if they wish to do so.
How do I receive the funding?
Grant funding will be distributed directly to the student by a mailed check or direct deposit. If you have opted in to direct deposit for any reason it will go directly to the account you setup. If there is no direct deposit information on file it will be mailed to your preferred mailing address on file. Any changes must be made by Monday, March 15 at 8 a.m. Direct deposits and checks will be processed on Tuesday, March 16.
- If your address needs updated, please contact the financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to update or add direct deposit information, please do this through self-service. (directions)
- For assistance, please e-mail email@example.com
- If you have questions about the grant itself please contact the Financial Aid Office at FinAid@alma.edu