All HEERF funding has been distributed to all eligible students.
HEERF I – CARES Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act
CARES Student Grants Reporting
CARES College Grant Reporting
HEERF II – CRRSAA Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act
CRRSAA and ARP Student Grants Report 1st Quarter
CRRSAA and ARP Institutional Portion Report 1st Quarter
CRRSAA and ARP Student Grants Report 2nd Quarter
CRRSSA and ARP Institutional Portion Report 2nd Quarter
CRRSSA and ARP Institutional Portion Report 3rd Quarter
HEERF III — ACE American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
This funding was approved by Congress on Tuesday, March 9, 2021.
Do I qualify for funding?
You DO NOT need to apply for these cash grants. Alma College will distribute funding to all students who meet the following:
- Attended Fall 2020 or Winter 2021 Terms
- You must have filed a FAFSA for the 2020-2021 academic year as of June 1, 2021.
- Funding amount is based on a per term amount
- Students with an EFC of $12,000 based on the 2020-2021 FAFSA who attended all year full time (defined as 12 credit or more per term) will receive additional funding beyond the standard per term amount.
- The amount each student will receive is based on a student’s financial need as well as level of enrollment so this amount will not be the same for every student and is not negotiable.
- Funding cannot be applied directly to the student account without their permission. It will be distributed directly to the student. You may pay it back onto your student account if you wish to do so.
How will I receive the funding?
Grant funding will be distributed directly to the student by a mailed check or direct deposit. If you have opted in to direct deposit for any reason it will go directly to the account you setup. If there is no direct deposit information on file it will be mailed to your preferred mailing address on file.
- If your address needs updated, please contact the financial aid office at email@example.com
- If you need to update or add direct deposit information, please do this through self-service.
- If you have questions about the grant itself please contact the Financial Aid Office at FinAid@alma.edu
IMPORTANT: All address and direct deposit changes must be completed by July 16, 2021. Checks and direct deposits will be processed on July 23, 2021.
How do I apply funding to my student account?
You may apply funds you receive to your account by making a payment through your self-service student finance account or at www.alma.edu/paymybill. Remember student accounts with a balance of a $1,000 or more will be unable to register for winter 2022 classes.
Assistance may be available for students and families who have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
These impacts may include loss of a job, loss of income, increased medical expenses or a death in the immediate family.
The financial aid office will work closely with individual students and families to explore the possibility of additional state and federal aid, if appropriate.
You can request this assistance through the process outlined below:
Submit a letter from the student explaining your COVID-19-related hardship and its negative financial impact. The letter should state who (student and/or parent) has experienced the financial hardship, how much income has been lost, and it must be hand signed and dated. Letters should be submitted to Alma College’s financial aid submission uploads.