Individual Membership Benefits and Dues
The Michigan Academy of Science, Arts, and Letters is a regional, professional organization that facilitates scholarly exchange through annual conferences and a journal of outstanding papers.
Membership is open to all. We invite you to become a member. The majority of our paid members are higher education faculty, independent scholars, and people engaged in relevant research in business and government.
Benefits of Individual Membership:
- Receive a one year subscription to the Michigan Academician, the interdisciplinary journal of the Academy.
- Be able to submit articles to be considered for publication in the journal.
- Be notified via e-mail of the Call for Papers and the opportunity to present your research at the annual conference.
- Have the opportunity to lead an Academy section at the conference.
- Be a supporter of the Academy’s mission of promoting academic exchanges among scholars from around the state, region and world.
Annual Membership Dues:
- $65 – Affiliated Member**
- $80 – Non-affiliated Member
- $50 – Retired Member
- $35 – Student Full Member
To upgrade to a Donor Membership Category
- Add $35 to become a Sustaining Member*
- Or, pay a total of $500 to become a Benefactor Member*
*The Benefactor and Sustaining Members are acknowledged in the annual conference program. Please consider supporting the Academy at this level. Because Michigan Academy is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, any amount above the regular dues amount is tax deductible.
**Faculty and staff from member institutions (affiliated) receive a $15 discount on each individual membership. Please see the list of affiliated member institutions.
Become a member!
Print & mail a membership form.