The following resources are available to support online learning.
- Canvas – The Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) allows you to post course materials, perform assessments and much more. The Canvas app is available for mobile devices if a computer is not available to end users.
- Microsoft Teams – Teams provides the ability to interact/chat with a group of users using video, audio, text, and screen sharing. You can provide a single link for a series of meetings on your Canvas page. Session recording is now available. Users without internet can call in to participate over audio. The Canvas app is available for mobile devices if a computer is not available to end users.
- Lecture Capture and Delivery – We can currently support lecture capture and delivery through a couple of methods. You have the ability to record videos with your webcam/microphone on your computer through tools in Microsoft Teams. Videos recorded with Microsoft Teams can be embedded in Canvas. We also have a space available in the DMC (SAC 117) specifically for recording lectures and on-screen writing with our Jamboard.
- Specialized Software Delivery - Titles including Maple and SPSS can be delivered through a web browser to off campus devices using Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) . Talk to ITS if you have software you would like to see added.
- Phone Twinning - Your office extension can be twinned with a personal land line or mobile device. This allows your incoming calls to ring directly to an off campus phone. The service may be turned on and off through the portal.
- IT Support - ITS is able to provide web based remote support for internet connected personal or college owned devices on or off campus.
- Inside Higher Ed - Tips for moving a course to an online environment - https://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2020/03/11/practical-advice-instructors-faced-abrupt-move-online-teaching-opinion
- Set up your Canvas courses - Sign into Canvas, load basic course materials to enable online instruction. Please make your syllabus and class grades available here. Prepare to have students upload assignments to Canvas instead of turning in paper copies.
- Enable desk phone twinning – This can be done through a help desk request.
- Attend Training - Make use of available training for Canvas, lecture capture/delivery, and video conferencing tools. Video training and video conferencing assistance on Canvas, Teams, and other resources is available by request from IT.