We are here to help you with your campus computing questions and concerns.
Computing resources at Alma College are of a diverse nature. General labs, residence halls, and departmental labs make use of PC systems running mainly Windows and Macintosh systems running Mac OS X. UNIX and Linux systems are also in use on campus, mainly as servers and in Computer Science labs.
Wireless network access is available in all campus buildings, including the Wright Avenue Apartments, theme housing units, and the Alma College Bookstore.
Guests may also access the campus wireless network, using a one-day guest pass. Guest users requiring longer than a one-day pass should contact User Services for assistance. If you have difficulties, contact Information Technology Services at (989) 463-7303 for assistance.
One-day Network Guest Pass Instructions
- Connect your device to the “ACGuest” wireless network.
- A system browser will open automatically to the registration page in most cases. If a browser is not automatically opened, manually launch your preferred browser to any non-secure web page. You will be redirected to the Alma College registration page.
- Enter your name and email address, then click the Register button.
- You should be redirected to the Alma College homepage, at which point the guest registration process is complete.
- Change Password
- ITS Helpdesk
- Two Factor Authentication FAQ
- InsideAlma portal
- Student Print Management FAQ
- ClearPass Registration
- Salvage Computer Sale
- Office 365 Email
The existing Cisco campus wireless network has been completely replaced during the summer of 2018. The new Aruba wireless network has improved coverage in most locations, supports the latest Wi-Fi standard (802.11ac Wave 2), and provides an improved experience for gaming and streaming devices. This change also comes with higher bandwidth ceilings, and eliminates device registration requirements on the ACWLAN network.