Campus Conduct Hotline
As part of our efforts to proactively and voluntarily comply with a number of provisions in the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, the college developed and the Board of Trustees Audit Committee approved in October 2005 a code of Financial Ethics for the institution. In addition, the college has also arranged for a confidential hotline under the “whistle blower protection” provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley. Both of these initiatives are steps forward in voluntary compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley provisions. Should an individual in the campus community have concern about compliance with the Code of Financial Ethics, he/she will have the opportunity through the Campus Conduct Hotline to report possible violations.
The Campus Conduct Hotline also offers an easy way to report behavior that may be unethical, harmful, questionable, or may cause someone personal injury. You can call the Campus Conduct Hotline if you experience or observe any one of the following:
- Fraud or crime
- Sexual harassment/assault
- Safety or risk issues
- Security and internet policy abuses
- Code of Conduct violation
- Workplace hostility
- Illegal or unethical business practices
- Any other questionable behavior
The hotline system is available for use around the clock, seven days a week. Because the hotline is operated as an independent organization, any calls made through this hotline are completely confidential and anonymous.
Using this reporting service is easy. If you have any questions or concerns about a possible violation of our Code of Financial Ethics, and you are uncomfortable contacting an officer of the institution, simply call toll free to 866-943-5787.
- At the beginning of the call you will be provided with a five digit randomly generated case number that you must use to check back for updates and requests for additional information.
- the hotline staff will interview you about your concern, and the interview will not be recorded. The interviewer will be typing notes of your conversation and whether or not you choose to provide your name is completely up to you. Within one or two business days of your call, a summary of the interview will be forwarded to Alma College.
- To receive a response you will need to call back and provide the five digit case number that was assigned to you at the time of your initial call. At that time you might be asked to provide additional information or to call back at the later date. you will be able to keep checking back for updates until you case is closed.
Because of the built in confidentiality, it is important that you be as specific as possible about the information you provide. Again, because of the confidentiality we will not be able to contact you to get additional information. Alternatively, if you would like someone to contact you directly you can leave your name along with a phone number, where and when you would prefer to be called. To repeat, at no time is the caller required to provide his or her name and all information provided can be completely confidential and anonymous.