From athletes to artists, Mitchell houses students with many varying interests. Doors are always open in Mitchell, creating an incredibly inviting atmosphere.
Mitchell Hall has always been described by residents as having a very tight-knit group of diverse students.
Located on the East side of campus, Mitchell is close to two large parking lots, making it easily accessible for students and friends. It is also close to Hamilton Commons for when students want to grab a bite to eat without having to walk very far.
The recreation room in Mitchell is a popular hang out spot—it contains a foosball table, a ping-pong table, a big screen television and, of course, plenty of comfortable couches.
Initially built as a residence hall for men, Mitchell was completed in 1960 and named after James E. Mitchell, a graduate of Alma College’s class of 1893 and professor at the college for 44 years. Mitchell is now a coed residence hall.