We keep the campus safe, efficient, clean and beautiful. We are also the keepers of the keys and parking permits.
Facilities and Service Management is responsible for the physical property on Alma College Campus. In other words, we’re responsible for planning and development, capital project management, maintenance, repairs and security for buildings, roads, utilities, grounds and other features of the campus. Our staff includes approximately 60 full-time employees and a varying number of part-time student employees.
Individual departments include:
- The Shops: Carpentry, Electrical, Grounds, Mechanical, Motor Pool and Plumbing
- Custodial: Housekeeping and event set-up/tear-down
- Environmental: Recycling and waste management
- Engineering and planning: Project management, energy management and competitive bidding
- Administration: Management, parking permits, key control, work order system, motor pool.
Location and Hours
We are located on the east end of campus on Wright Avenue, directly across from the 7-Eleven store. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Security Office staff is available 24/7.
Work on the major renovations to the Opera House is on schedule for completion by mid-August. The building is being renovated to meet the historic requirements of the National Park Service.