Facilities and Service Management
We keep the campus safe, efficient, clean and beautiful. We are also the keepers of all keys and faculty/staff parking permits.
Facilities and Service Management is responsible for the physical property on Alma College Campus. In other words, we’re responsible for planning and development, capital project management, maintenance, repairs and security for buildings, roads, utilities, grounds and other features of the campus. Our staff includes approximately 60 full-time employees and a varying number of part-time student employees.
Individual departments include:
- The Shops: Carpentry, Electrical, Grounds, Mechanical, Motor Pool and Plumbing
- Custodial: Housekeeping and event set-up/tear-down
- Environmental: Recycling and waste management
- Engineering and planning: Project management, energy management and competitive bidding
- Administration: Management, faculty/staff parking permits, key control, work order system, motor pool.
Location and Hours
We are located on the east end of campus on Wright Avenue, directly across from the Star store. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
When completed, the renovated downtown Alma landmark will feature commercial retail space on the property’s ground level and apartments for approximately 40 Alma College students on the second and third floors.
“The college and community have a shared vision of a revitalized, vibrant Opera House sparking the local economy in our downtown.”— President Jeff Abernathy
“The Opera House is key to the college’s strategic goals of driving investment in the downtown, leveraging college resources for the benefit of the college and community alike, and helping both thrive.” — Jeff Abernathy