“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.”
—John C. Crosby
Who We Are
Alma’s KCP Mentor Program provides mentorship for first year students seeking mentorship in navigating college and all it has to offer: the academic, social, and financial aspects. First-year students seeking mentorship are partnered with peer mentors to receive guidance on how to access college resources and be successful in college. The Alma College KCP Mentor Program is supported in part by the State of Michigan’s KCP Initiative. Apply to be a mentee here.
Benefits of the KCP Mentor Program
- Successful transition from high school to college.
- Improved academic performance in the classroom.
- Early networking with other students and faculty.
- Overview of potential college obstacles and successful strategies for avoiding/overcoming them.
- Our goal is to help students: increase grade point averages, advance in academic standing, transition to major, and graduate.
Meet the Mentors and Mentees
The KCP Mentor Program consists of a diverse group of students who have a wealth of knowledge and many different talents. Meet those who define the KCP Mentoring Program and what it means to be a KCP Mentor Program mentor and mentee.
Many events are held by the KCP Mentor Program on and off-campus. Check out our events page to learn about these wonderful opportunities!
If you have any questions or would like more information about the KCP Mentor Program you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or come visit us in the Center for Student Opportunity! The KCP Mentor Program is funded by a six-year Select Student Support Services (4S) grant administered through Michigan’s Work Force Development Agency and the King-Chavez-Parks Initiative.
Apply to be a KCP Mentee here!