The Office of Diversity and Inclusion at Alma College is a welcoming space and resource for all students, staff, faculty, and administrators. We provide opportunities for each member of our campus community to learn about themselves and others while making room for everyone to be their most authentic selves. The diversity education programming challenges and encourages us to move beyond our comfort zones, to learn about our differences, and to discover how we can be intentionally inclusive.
- Resource list compiled by Sarah Sophie Flicker, Alyssa Klein
- Book and Films List (Racial Equity Tools)
Resources to Address COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Xenophobia and Racism
- Letter to Campus addressing COVID-19 Bias (written by Dr. Donnesha Blake, Director of Diversity and Inclusion and Kevin Carmody, Title IX/Civil Rights Coordinator)
- Open-source syllabus
- Video: Coronavirus: Is it revealing hidden racism?
- Article: History of long-standing biased connections between disease and Asian people
- Podcast: “As Coronavirus Spreads, Racism and Xenophobia Are Too”
Resources for Creating Inclusive Online Classes
Diversity and Inclusion Education Resources
- Resource sheet developed by Dr. Donnesha Blake
- Safe Zone 201: Race, Gender, Sexuality Training Materials