About the Camp
The camp focuses on students who may wish to become music education majors in college and are interested in developing their conducting skills while receiving a better understanding of skills related to a career in vocal music education.
Conducting – Dr. Will Nichols, Conductor of the Alma College Choirs, will lead the camp and teach group conducting classes and a private conducting lesson for each participant.
- Take conducting and voice lessons
- Sing in – and conduct – the camp choir
- Prepare to be student leaders in their high school choir
- Learn what is expected of college music majors
Who should enroll
- Singers in the 11th and 12th grades (and exceptional 10th graders) who love choir!
- Enrollment is limited to 16 student conductors/singers.
Students will be on campus from August 4-7, 2019
This experience costs $285 per student; room and board, and all activities are included in this price.
A $100 scholarship will be offered to students who are recommended by their high school choir conductor. Recommendations should include the name and email address of the student and be emailed by the teacher to Dr. Will Nichols.