FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Hourly; Non-exempt; Administrative; 12 months
DEPARTMENT: Registrar’s Office
The Registrar’s Office Coordinator is responsible for providing excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff, and external constituents of the college and for general clerical support of the Registrar’s Office. The office assistant must work collaboratively as a contributing member of a fast-paced team dedicated to student and academic success at Alma College.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED/SUPERVISION EXERCISED:
This position reports to the Registrar. The position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may serve in a collaborative role with student assistants.
• Serve as the receptionist and primary customer service representative to all constituents of the Registrar’s Office including students, faculty and alumni
• Greet and respond to all registrar inquiries at the front desk, by phone and via e-mail.
• Process all required academic paperwork for students including drop/add forms, major change forms, advisor change forms and all transcript requests within Parchment (our transcript software).
• Order supplies for the office including diplomas, diploma covers, mailers, etc. for our graduation ceremonies.
• Assist in all duties performed by the Registrar’s Office including student registration functions, daily transcript transmittal, enrollment verification, maintenance of student records, general correspondence, and other duties as directed by the Registrar.
• Maintain all student records and required documentation for student file completion (e.g. transcripts, test score reports, etc.)
• Accurately complete assigned tasks within the student information system (Ellucian-Colleague).
• Support Registrar’s Office staff by performing general office duties including data entry, data and report retrieval, new and active student course registration, course schedule mapping, orientation, graduation, athletic eligibility, and other clerical duties as assigned.
• Provide general support for distributing academic committee materials, correspondence and preparatory documents.
• Collaborate effectively with staff in other offices on joint projects and activities
• Serve as a knowledgeable and reliable resource for students, faculty, staff and alumni regarding documentation of relevant academic policies including guest applications, dual-enrollment registration, course drop / add, term withdrawals, course registration, waitlist management, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft suite of products.
• Demonstrated experience in customer service with a positive, professional demeanor.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
• Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and ability to problem solve.
• Able to work independently with minimal direction or supervision, assuming responsibility for assigned projects.
• Able to multitask in fast paced environment.
• Work experience in higher education is preferred but not required
• Other job related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application, a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
Alma College is classified as a selective Baccalaureate College: Diverse Fields by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders, Alma’s students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.