Department Honors may be achieved in the World Languages and Cultures Department by:
- Having a 3.5 GPA in all classes applied to the Major.
- Performing beyond minimum requirements on the Language Exam portion of the Departmental Comprehensive Evaluation, and
- Presenting a senior thesis of honors caliber.
Advanced Credit in a second language may be earned by:
- Scoring at the 4 level or higher on the Advanced Placement (AP) exam.
- Successfully completing the International Baccalaureate Program (IB) HL exam with a score of 5.