I have been teaching at Alma since 2015. I particularly enjoy courses that combine theory, applications, and simulations, such as Probability and Statistics, Stochastic Processes, and Data Mining. My research interests are in applied Bayesian statistics and machine learning.
- Ph.D. Operations Research. Cornell University, 2013.
- B.S. Engineering. Olin College, 2008.
- A. Montoye, B. Westgate, M. Fonley, K. Pfeiffer. Cross-validation and out-of-sample testing of physical activity intensity predictions using a wrist-worn accelerometer. Journal of Applied Physiology, 124: 1284-1293, 2018.
- B. Westgate, D. Woodard, D. Matteson, S. Henderson. Large-network travel time distribution estimation for ambulances. European Journal of Operational Research, 252: 322-333, 2016.
- B. Westgate, D. Woodard, D. Matteson, S. Henderson. Travel time estimation for emergency vehicles using Bayesian data augmentation. Annals of Applied Statistics, 7: 1139-1161, 2013.