PhD Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences (AMCS), University of Iowa
MS Mathematics, University of Iowa
BS Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Iowa
BA Mathematics, University of Iowa
My career at Alma began in
- Montoye, Alexander HK, Bradford S. Westgate, Kimberly A. Clevenger, Karin A. Pfeiffer, Joseph D. Vondrasek, Morgan R. Fonley, Joshua M. Bock, and Leonard A. Kaminsky. Individual versus Group Calibration of Machine Learning Models for Physical Activity Assessment Using Body-Worn Accelerometers. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise (2021).
- Velásquez, Nicolás, Ricardo Mantilla, Witold Krajewski, Morgan Fonley, and Felipe Quintero. Improving Hillslope Link Model Performance from Non-Linear Representation of Natural and Artificially Drained Subsurface Flows. Hydrology 4 (2021): 187.
- Macedonia, Joseph M., David L. Clark, and Morgan R. Fonley. Analysis of Bobbing Displays in the Grahami Series Anoles from Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Herpetological Monographs 35 (2021): 000-000.
- Fonley, M. R., K. Qiu, N. Velásquez, N. K. Haut, and R. Mantilla. Development and Evaluation of an ODE Representation of 3D Subsurface Tile Drainage Flow Using the HLM Flood Forecasting System. Water Resources Research 57, no. 3 (2021): e2020WR028177.
- Fonley, Morgan, Ricardo Mantilla, and Rodica Curtu. Doing Hydrology Backwards—Analytic Solution Connecting Streamflow Oscillations at the Basin Outlet to Average Evaporation on a Hillslope. Hydrology 4 (2019): 85.
- Macedonia, J. M., Clark, D. L., Fonley, M. R., Centurione, I., Rowe, J. W., & Valle, C. A. Analysis of bobbing displays in four species of Galápagos lava lizards using conventional and novel quantitative methods.Herpetologica 4 (2019): 290-300.
- Montoye, A.H., Westgate, B.S., Fonley, M.R. and Pfeiffer, K.A., Cross-validation and out-of-sample testing of physical activity intensity predictions with a wrist-worn accelerometer. Journal of Applied Physiology, 124(5), (2018): 1284-1293
- R. Mantilla, N. Basu, B. Sloan, M. Fonley, Nonlinear Multiscale Changes of Peak Flows on Tiled Landscapes. Geophysical Research Abstracts. 19 (2017): 11590
- B. Sloan, R. Mantilla, M. Fonley, N. Basu. Hydrologic impacts of subsurface drainage from the field to watershed scale. Hydrological Processes, 0 (2017):1-12. DOI:10.1002/hyp.11218
- M. Fonley, R. Mantilla, S. Small, R. Curtu. On the propagation of diel signals in river networks using analytic solutions of flow equations. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 20.7 (2016): 2899-2912.
- M. Fonley, R. Mantilla, S. Small, R. Curtu. On the propagation of diel signals in river networks using analytic solutions of flow equations. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions, 12 (2015): 8175-8220. DOI:10.5194/hessd-12-8175-2015.
- R. Curtu, M. Fonley. Nonlinear response in runoff magnitude to fluctuating rain patterns. Chaos 25, 036409, 2015.
- R. Curtu, R. Mantilla, M. Fonley, L. K. Cunha, S. J. Small, L. O. Jay, W. F. Krajewski. An integral-balance nonlinear model to simulate changes in soil moisture, groundwater, and surface runoff dynamics at the hillslope scale, Advances in Water Resources 71, 125-139, 2014.
- S. J. Small, L. O. Jay, R. Mantilla, R. Curtu, L. K. Cunha, M. Fonley, W. F. Krajewski. An asynchronous solver for systems of ODEs linked by a directed tree structure, Advances in Water Resources 53, 23-32, 2013.
- R. Mantilla, L.K. Cunha, W.F. Krajewski, S.J. Small, L.O. Jay, M. Fonley, R. Curtu. Simulation of a distributed flood control system using a parallel asynchronous solver for systems of ODEs, Proceedings Applied Simulation and Modeling/777: Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing. DOI:10.2316/P.2012.776-042, 2012.