PhD Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences (AMCS), University of Iowa
MS Mathematics, University of Iowa
BS Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Iowa
BA Mathematics, University of Iowa
My career at Alma began in
- M. Fonley, R. Mantilla, S. Small, R. Curtu. Doing hydrology backward: the soil and evaporation requirements to achieve a prescribed streamflow pattern. Hydrolgoy .submitted 2019.
- R. Mantilla, N. Basu, B. Sloan, M. Fonley, Nonlinear Multiscale Changes of Peak Flows on Tiled Landscapes. Geophysical Research Abstracts. 19 (2017): 11590
- B. Sloan, R. Mantilla, M. Fonley, N. Basu. Hydrologic impacts of subsurface drainage from the field to watershed scale. Hydrological Processes, 0 (2017):1-12. DOI:10.1002/hyp.11218
- M. Fonley, R. Mantilla, S. Small, R. Curtu. On the propagation of diel signals in river networks using analytic solutions of flow equations. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 20.7 (2016): 2899-2912.
- M. Fonley, R. Mantilla, S. Small, R. Curtu. On the propagation of diel signals in river networks using analytic solutions of flow equations. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions, 12 (2015): 8175-8220. DOI:10.5194/hessd-12-8175-2015.
- R. Curtu, M. Fonley. Nonlinear response in runoff magnitude to fluctuating rain patterns. Chaos 25, 036409, 2015.
- R. Curtu, R. Mantilla, M. Fonley, L. K. Cunha, S. J. Small, L. O. Jay, W. F. Krajewski. An integral-balance nonlinear model to simulate changes in soil moisture, groundwater, and surface runoff dynamics at the hillslope scale, Advances in Water Resources 71, 125-139, 2014.
- S. J. Small, L. O. Jay, R. Mantilla, R. Curtu, L. K. Cunha, M. Fonley, W. F. Krajewski. An asynchronous solver for systems of ODEs linked by a directed tree structure, Advances in Water Resources 53, 23-32, 2013.
- R. Mantilla, L.K. Cunha, W.F. Krajewski, S.J. Small, L.O. Jay, M. Fonley, R. Curtu. Simulation of a distributed flood control system using a parallel asynchronous solver for systems of ODEs, Proceedings Applied Simulation and Modeling/777: Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing. DOI:10.2316/P.2012.776-042, 2012.