Thirty-six credits beyond SPN-112 which must include:
- Sixteen credits of upper-level Spanish classes with at least four credits at the 400 level.
- Successful completion of ENG-201, 220, or 225.
- A minimum of one semester of approved international study in a Spanish-speaking country.
- Language Proficiency must be demonstrated by taking the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) Oral Proficiency Exam, the Examen Básico of the Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera (DELE) or equivalent. Majors are expected to perform at the B2 level or equivalent.
- Write and defend in open forum an acceptable paper of moderate length reflecting on their study of Spanish, their study abroad experience and how they combine with the mission of a liberal arts education.