Thirty-six credits which must include:
- Core: SOC-101, 301, and 302.
- Two concentrations, with eight credits in each area (a total of 16 credits):
- Self and Society: SOC-224, 234, 236, 238, or 243
- Social Structure and Inequality: SOC-141, 225, 226, 229, or 341
- Social Institutions: SOC-220, 228, or 353
- Eight credits of SOC electives. No more than four credits of approved SOC-180 may count towards the major.
- Required Cognate Course: ANT-111
- The senior comprehensive evaluation for the major is the successful completion of the Major Field Test in Sociology.
- Department Honors: Successful completion of SOC-500 and a minimum of 3.5 GPA in Sociology.