This certificate allows teaching in grades 6-12 in subjects in which the candidate has a teaching major, minor or additional endorsement. To be recommended for certification, the candidate must complete the following:
- The Secondary Education Major, requirements listed above, with a 2.5 GPA and no Education course may be taken Pass/Fail, except for 1 credit placement classes, or be graded below a 2.0 (C).
- A Teaching Major with a 2.75 GPA. Additional endorsement areas for certification must also be met with a 2.75 GPA.
- An overall cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Students must also pass the appropriate MTTC subject area test in their subject area major. To be recommended for certification in an additional endorsement area, candidates must also pass the appropriate MTTC subject area test in that subject. For initial certification, MTTC subject-area passing scores will remain valid for five years.
- Students must provide proof of valid CPR and First Aid cards as required by the Michigan Department of Education.