- MSLS Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- MFA Indiana University
- BFA Bowling Green State University
pleased to wear many hats at Alma. I’m a librarian, but I also teach creative writing, English and occasionally film. I particularly enjoy teaching the First Year Experience and working with first generation students.
My career at Alma began in
- “Poem: Michigan Feb. 2010.” Untitled With Passengers Magazine. July 2013.
- “Poem: Will the Singularity Be Televised?” Scintilla Magazine. Fall 2013.
- “Poem: Half-dreamt But Earnest.” Scintilla Magazine. Fall 2013.
- “Poem: In Arizona.” Untitled With Passengers Magazine. July 2013.
- “Poem: Why My Wife Doesn’t Trust Me to Drive.” Bareback Magazine. May 1, 2013.
- “Poem: Depth Song” See Spot Run Magazine Oct. 2015
- “Poem: Great Lakes“ See Spot Run Magazine Oct. 2015
- “Poem A Small Wedge of Horizon“ See Spot Run Magazine Oct. 2015
- “Poem Wednesday Morning Outside of Alma“ See Spot Run Magazine Oct. 2015
In 2016 I taught a spring term creative writing workshop in Key West, Florida. It was a wonderful experience as we visited literary landmarks such as Ernest Hemingway’s home and Tennessee William’s theater as well as historical sites such as the Little White House and Dry Tortuga’s National Park. While there I conducted daily writing workshops and the students explored their work and examined why the tiny island of Key West has produced numerous Pulitzer Prize winning authors and influenced a wide range of artists.