Integrative Physiology & Health Science
- Ph.D., Ohio State University (1988)
- M.A., Ball State University (1978)
- B.A., Ball State University (1976)
My career at Alma began in
I'm an expert in
nutrition, human physiology and exercise physiology
Dr. Luetkemeier’s research and publications focus upon sports drinks, thermoregulation, sweating, and kidney physiology. He was first to report that skin tattoos had a deleterious on sweat gland function.
Human Physiology, Nutrition, and Meals on Wheels.
- M. J. Luetkemeier, J. M. Hanisko, K. M. Aho, Skin Tattoos Alter Sweat Rate and Na+ Concentration. Medicine and science in sports and exercise 49, 1432-1436 (2017).
- M. J. Luetkemeier et al., Skin Tattoos Diminishes Sweat Rate During Whole Body Heating. Journal of Applied Physiology 1985, 1033-1038 (2020).