Assistant Director of Enrollment Management Systems and Operations
FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Salary; Exempt; Administrative, 12 months
The position ensures the timely and efficient delivery of communication, integrity of prospective student and applicant data, and development and analysis of operational processes to ensure efficiency. This position reports to the Senior Director of Enrollment Management Systems and Operations and works collaboratively with other Enrollment Management staff to provide overall support to Slate CRM functionality, including applications, document management, Slate Dashboards and Reports, inquiry and prospects, communication support, event registration management, user training, and system integrations. In support of the Director of EM Systems and Operations, the position will help create a sound data stewardship and governance structure, suite of reports and dashboards for recruiters to monitor activity, and support the enrollment planning work of the function.
This position requires strong organizational, communication, and relationship-building skills, as well as technical acumen and the ability to work independently. Occasional nights or weekends may be required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (including but not limited to)
- Communicate with campus partners (faculty, staff, and student employees) to train users and provide information on admission processes, policies, and operations.
- Supervise student employee(s).
- Provide day-to-day administration and maintenance. This includes but not limited to:
- Admission application development
- Managing user setup
- Fields, record types
- Building workflows
- Writing rules
- Populations, and queries
- Events, and building reports.
- Coordinate all application processes using student information systems (Slate/Colleague) for freshmen, transfers, and international students.
- Evaluate and input required application documentation (i.e. transcripts, scores).
- Process international coursework for students with non-standard US grading scales.
- Maintain and improve applications, forms, checklists, review processes, decision releases, status pages, and confirmation processes for recruitment, admission, and special programs.
- Secondarily renders decisions on completed applications.
- In coordination with the Director of Campus Events and Engagement, develop event reporting, and surveys along with increasing prospective student engagement through data analysis and the development of CRM strategies.
- Create written training documentation for all processes related to Enrollment Operations and admission business practices; convey information to staff in a clear, precise, and procedural manner.
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all recruitment, procedural and ad-hoc emails, text messages, and mailings to prospective students and applicants through a close partnership with Enrollment Marketing and Communication professional staff.
- Be an active member of the Slate community, to include but not limited to: attend the annual Slate Summit conference, webinars, and other professional development opportunities.
The above duties and responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and will include other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Experience with computer information systems including a customer relationship management system (CRM), desktop applications, online processes, and data processing essential.
- Ability to learn and gain comfort with new software.
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to work in a fast-paced office setting with frequent deadlines.
- Proficiency in data extraction and analyzing data from varying sources.
- Discretion to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or personal information.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with Slate CRM and/or Ellucian Colleague.
- Experience with SQL, report writing, and data governance.
- Tableau Experience.
Job duties require sitting at desk and computer for various lengths of time. Due to the inventory requirements of the role, individuals must be able to go up and down stairs, lift up to 20 pounds, and walk from building to building to complete necessary tasks or walk with families as needed.
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College employment application, a letter of interest, a current resumé, and the name, address, e-mail, and phone number of three professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective Baccalaureate Liberal Arts College committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.