Assistant Director for Student Engagement – Student Activities and Organizations
FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Salaried; Exempt; Administrative; 12 months
DEPARTMENT: Student Life
This position is responsible for developing, planning and implementing programs, activities, events that promote student engagement for all students that will lead to a vibrant campus. This position will provide oversight and leadership to the Alma College Union Board (ACUB). This position will also advise, support and provide leadership to the over 75 registered student organizations. This position will oversee all divisional marketing platforms. This position is provided with an on-campus apartment, but may choose to live off campus within a 25-mile radius.
· Provide visionary and strategic leadership to student organizations at Alma College, including organization re-registration, officer training and transitions
· Develop and provide a comprehensive leadership development program for all officers of organizations
· Oversee campus-wide programming, which includes the creation and implementation of on and off campus events that is designed to create a vibrant and engaging student experience. These events include but not limited to Homecoming, Siblings Weekend, Student Organization fairs and off campus excursions.
· Provide leadership and guidance to the Alma College Union Board (ACUB), which includes advising, marketing, budget oversight, event management, program planning and assessment.
· Oversight of the student engagement software, Presence. Provide necessary support/training to officers and advisors (faculty & staff), track participation and provide key engagement metrics.
· Oversee the Student Affairs Marketing & Social Media team
· Assist with the assessment of participation outcomes and goals related to involvement and student success
· Additional responsibilities include participation in several divisional & college committees, including Become a Scot Day Orientation & Tartan 101 Onboarding.
· Develop strategic relationships with key campus stakeholders to increase engagement
· Participates in the Student Affairs On Call Rotation as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Experience in a higher education setting or working with college students
· Two years of experience developing and executing programs and events
· Marketing & promotion experience
· Strong oral and written communication & presentation skills
· Proven ability to manage multiple priorities within established timelines
· Demonstrated ability to lead and manage student organizations and develop organization leaders
· Masters’ degree preferred
· Experience working with student engagement software (Presence or Campus Labs) Supervision
· Position reports to the Director of Student Engagement
· Supervises student assistants
· Must be able to work at a computer for several hours at a time
· Must be able to make presentations and engage in some travel
· Able to respond quickly to emergencies at various locations across campus
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College employment application, a current résumé, and contact information for three references via email to email@example.com. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Alma College is a selective, liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and the development of responsible leaders. Alma’s students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.