Heritage Center Coordinator
FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Salaried; Exempt; Administrative, 12 months
DEPARTMENT: Theatre and Dance
The Heritage Center Coordinator will manage all events and performances held at the Heritage Center.
$45,000 - $58,000
• Schedule and staff Heritage Center events and performances, including outside rentals.
• Coordinate technical arrangements and design needs for the entire Alma College campus.
• Set up of all maintenance and repair activities for equipment used. Purchase or replace equipment as needed.
• Work with the Communication and Marketing Office on production programs to ensure that all information is complete and correct.
• Educate and mentor theatre, dance, and music students and stage managers on the process of setting up events and productions.
• Train students on the proper techniques and set up of equipment.
• Prepare the Heritage Center annual budget.
• Provide supervision to the box office manager and assistant building manager/theatre technical director.
• Additional job-related duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
•Bachelor’s degree in a related field; master’s degree (MA or MFA) preferred.
•Strong technical and communication skills with an appreciation for the importance of artistic expression in an educational setting.
• Experience with computer aided design (CAD).
• Broad knowledge of commonly used lighting and equipment as well as audio and video equipment.
• Experience with industry practices for lighting and A/V shop prep, hang, and run; recording of audio, video and live streaming; live sound; remote TV and radio productions; efficient load-in and -out of scenery, lights, and equipment; and equipment maintenance.
• Ability to work closely with students, faculty, visiting performers, and patrons.
• Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College employment application, a current résumé, and contact information for three references via email to email@example.com. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Alma College is a selective, liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and the development of responsible leaders. Alma’s students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.