Assistant Director-Fraternity & Sorority Life & Leadership
FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Salary; Exempt; Administrative, 12 months
DEPARTMENT: Student Life
Reporting to the Director of Student Engagement, this position will provide strategic and operational leadership for the College’s Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, with the goal of fostering a vibrant, inclusive and socially-impactful Greek community. The Assistant Director will also facilitate recruitment events and community programs and coordinate required trainings. This position will also develop and implement a campus-wide leadership development curriculum. Additional responsibilities include supervision of student worker marketing team. This position is a live-on position and will be part of an on-campus duty rotation.
• Provide visionary and strategic leadership and responsible for the advising and advancement for the fraternity and sorority life community at Alma College.
• Serves as the primary advisor to all governing councils, oversees their recruitment/intake processes, orientation, and new member education.
• Implements community-wide education, programming, and assessment efforts that support the development of skills that helps student leaders prepare for a successful transition to the job field after graduation.
• Seek to provide a quality membership experience grounded in equity and inclusion by centering student learning and development, belonging, and mattering.
• Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders including chapter and alumni advisors, national organizations, local housing corporations, and affiliated alumni.
• Develop a strategic vision for co-curricular leadership programming.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Previous Fraternity and/or Sorority Life experience
• Leadership programming experience
• Experience in a higher education setting or working with college students
• Two years of experience developing programs, events and/or event management
• Marketing & promotion experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Masters’ degree preferred
• Experience working with student engagement software (Presence or Campus Labs)
SUPERVISION RECEIVED/ SUPERVISION EXERCISED:
• Position reports to the Director of Student Engagement
• Supervises student assistants
• Must be able to work at a computer for several hours at a time
• Must be able to make presentations and engage in some travel
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College employment application, a letter of interest, a current résumé, and the name, address, e-mail, and phone number of three professional references via email to email@example.com. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.