Heritage Center Technical Assistant
FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Hourly; Non-Exempt; Clerical; 9 months, Part-Time
DEPARTMENT: Heritage Center
The Heritage Center for the Performing Arts at Alma College is looking for a Technical Assistant to assist the Heritage Center Coordinator with the set up and execution of technical and stage elements for events and productions. This includes setting up staging pieces such as choir risers and platforming, hanging lights and programming lighting cues, setting up and running various microphones, running videos and slideshows, and running cameras for livestreamed events. The Heritage Center will provide training to any candidate that is willing to learn equipment they are not familiar with. The Technical Assistant will be asked to work a varied schedule depending on the needs of each event. Shifts could include morning hours doing stage setups, as well as evening and weekend hours running events and doing tear down after the events are done.
• Assist with event setups and tear downs as assigned by the Heritage Center Coordinator. Setting up and tearing down staging, audio equipment, lighting equipment, and other equipment based on the needs of each event.
• Assist with the running of events as assigned by the Heritage Center Coordinator. Running Audio, Lighting, or Livestream based on the needs of each event.
• Assist on Audio/Video support for campus events.
• Assist with Heritage Center equipment maintenance and upkeep.
• Must have a basic knowledge of the technical equipment relevant to the position e.g. audio, lighting, and video equipment.
• Must be able to lift heavy equipment ranging from 50-100lbs.
• Must be able to take direction and perform assigned tasks without the need for constant supervision.
• While prior experience is not required, the preferred candidate will have at least 1 year experience in the live event technical field and will have proficiency in at least one of the following areas:
o Videography/Live streaming
• The preferred candidate will be able to take lead on events in the case the Heritage Center Coordinator is unavailable.
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the
center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula. Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.