FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Salaried; Exempt; Administrative; 10 months
Responsible for assisting the head coach with the intercollegiate lacrosse program, including but not limited to: coaching, recruiting qualified student-athletes, fundraising, camps, developing schedules, budget management, building community support for the program, monitoring academic progress of
student athletes, and knowledge of applicable NCAA rules.
Reports to: Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach
• Instructing and coaching the men’s lacrosse team
• Manages and directs the lacrosse program, including practices, competitions and scheduling.
• Retain current student athletes, monitor grades and academic progress.
• Develop student-athletes to be contributing members to the campus community and the community at large.
• Evaluate and recruit qualified student-athletes; develop a recruiting plan.
• Make travel arrangements for the team and recruiting.
• Manages a fiscally sound budget and develop fundraisers to support the program.
• Cooperate with athletic training staff, maintenance staff, transportation staff, and others who are
involved in supporting the athletic program.
• Assist administration with alumni relations.
• Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the College, the MIAA, and the NCAA with the utmost integrity.
• Work cooperatively with personnel in the athletics department, attend department meetings and activities, and always represent the College positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and club coaches, media, and the general public.
• Support the philosophy and mission of the College and the athletic department.
• Additional administrative duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required with collegiate level playing and/or coaching experience.
• Excellent written and oral skills, knowledge of computer applications, organizational abilities, event planning and camps, fund raising, financial management and recruiting ability.
• Demonstrated commitment or experience working with diverse populations.
• Must be willing to actively participate in practices and must be able to work weekends/evenings and travel.
• Knowledge of NCAA and MIAA conference rules.
• Experience in a residential campus environment is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• A strong public service orientation to work well with faculty, staff, students, and the community.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work a varying work schedule.
• Ability to travel as needed for competition and recruiting.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
For full consideration candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, Alma College application, and the names of three professional references via email to Sarah Dehring, Director of Athletics at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College Application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to Sarah Dehring, Athletic Director at email@example.com.