FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Salaried; Exempt; Administrative & Executive; 12 months
This position supports the Operations and Asset Management activities of the Facilities Unit in coordination with Facilities Division Staff and college stakeholders to produce, organize, and prioritize infrastructure and build asset data to facilitate the management and capital renewal of those assets and sustainability efforts. Inclusive in this work is oversight of the operations support team, including environmental health and safety, contracted services, purchasing, contract management and budgeting, mailroom, transportation and materials management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.
- Minimum five years of experience in a facilities management leadership position.
- Certifications related to trades or national associations such as APPA or PGM preferred.
- Knowledge of capital project management, including budgeting, planning, and construction management.
- Knowledge of architectural, mechanical, and electrical operation of physical facilities.
- Knowledge of safety standards/precautions, including compliance with local, state and federal regulations (MiOSHA).
- Exhibit strong mathematical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage a wide range of constituents in a rapidly changing environment with a commitment to equity and inclusion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Director of Facilities, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Operating Officer along with the facilities management team to focus on continual process improvement.
- Works with the administrative support team to implement and leverage the maintenance management system for improved customer service, consistent historical information and reliable reporting information.
- Perform duties as System Administrator for the computerized maintenance management software system (CMMS).
- Manage the Repair and Maintenance and contract budget lines for campus buildings.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in the preparation and submission of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Negotiates and supervises external maintenance service contracts.
- Oversee the College transportation department and work to identify ways to develop a more sustainable, cost effective and efficient vehicle fleet.
- Oversee the procurement of goods and services for the facilities operations team and partner with the business office and administrative team to support the purchasing needs of campus.
- Develop and implement standardized bidding and procurement processes including RFP’s, RFI’s and RFQ’s. Track cost savings attributable to these processes.
- Partner with EH&S consultants to provide training, complete inspections and meet the requirements of multiple government agencies.
- Manage the custodial services contractor by working closely with the custodial contractor management team and regional leadership to improve the cleanliness of facilities and meet the needs of the campus community. As required, routinely bid the custodial contract to confirm best service and best price.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the AVP Facilities Management & Development.
General office duties conducted within a professional office setting in the Facilities Operations building. Extensive computer use required. Frequent campus errands required including access to all public and non-public areas of the campus. Routine visitation to job sites. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand or sit for up to eight hours per day; walk to all points of campus; frequently bend, climb, crawl, reach, twist the torso, and work with repetitive arm motions below, at, and overhead. The employee must be able to lift 10-25 lbs. numerous times each day and up to 100 lbs. a few times weekly. Must have a valid, or be eligible to obtain, a Michigan driver’s license, clearing initial and periodic driving record checks, and become an approved driver at the College.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates shall submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate and graduate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduate and graduate students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.