FLSA EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Salaried; Exempt; Administrative; 12 months
This position is responsible for recruiting prospective students, emphasis will be intended at targeting currently enrolled undergraduates, alumni, and new Alma College students by attending and coordinating recruitment activities to include graduate college fairs and specialized recruitment events. The Associate Director will report to and work closely with the AVP of Graduate and Professional Enrollment to analyze all recruitment activities, approve budgets, identify recruitment opportunities, and establish partnerships in the best interest of the College’s mission. This position requires frequent graduate recruitment travel to include day, weekend, overnight and will comprise approximately 60% of role and duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master of Science, Master of Arts, or Master of Business Association
- Three to five years prior related admissions recruitment experience
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Experience and understanding of relational databases
- Demonstrated proficiency using Technolutions Slate
- Strong communication/counseling skills (interpersonal and written)
- Ability to work effectively with administrators and faculty
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively recruit graduate students by attending graduate college fairs, establishing a connection with currently enrolled Alma students, and alumni. Engage and recruit students looking to pursue an accelerated bachelor’s to master’s degree program.
- Coordinate and host graduate focused recruitment events, provide admissions presentations, review admission applications, conduct one-on-one meetings with campus visitors and following up with prospective students and applicants via phone, email, text, and scheduled appointments.
- Work in partnership with the Associate Director of International recruitment in managing the application review process and recruitment of graduate international students. Assist with international student I-20 and Visa paperwork.
- Utilize Slate to inform technology-based workflows and operational plans to help students move through the graduate admissions and enrollment processes as quickly and easily as possible.
- Host individual campus visits for prospective students, educate them on program offerings, admissions criteria, financial aid process and course registration.
- Advise and serve as a resource to graduate program directors, applicants, and other interested parties regarding regulations, procedures, deadlines and criteria governing admission to the college.
- Assist with the implementation of a successful recruitment and communication plan to enroll qualified and diverse graduate students.
- Assist with the development and execution of communications strategies for prospective graduate students. Coordinating the marketing communication sequence.
- Assist with the development and execution of campus graduate enrollment plans consistent with overall campus academic plans; devoting particular attention to the attraction and retention of a diverse student body.
- Assist with oversight of the overall campus wide recruitment of graduate students, including promotion of the campus and its graduate programs.
- Promote graduate-specific efforts for enhancing diversity in graduate programs and coordinate with other diversity programs and initiatives on campus.
- Maintain and enhance conditions of graduate student life and services, including the administration of graduate student academic discipline.
- Counsel, mentor and assist graduate students, including those from underrepresented populations.
- Review and evaluate applications for admission are compliant with academic standards established by the Alma faculty; determines admissibility within the criteria in partnership with the graduate program directors.
- Knowledgeable on all degree requirements and maintain the ability to advise students on their options.
- Create an annual transfer recruitment plan by conducting appropriate research on territory to establish and support goals and objectives.
- Prepares documentation and advises applicants of official action taken on applications.
General office duties conducted within a professional office setting. Extensive computer use required. Must have a valid, or be eligible to obtain, a Michigan driver’s license, clearing initial and periodic driving record checks, and become an approved driver at the College.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates shall submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate and graduate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduate and graduate students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.