Alma College is seeking an ambitious professional looking to directly
contribute to the college’s strategic plan by growing Alma’s domestic and international graduate student enrollment. The Associate Director for Graduate Recruitment will work to develop, implement, evaluate and execute comprehensive communication and recruitment strategic initiatives for each of Alma College’s graduate programs. This position is responsible for recruiting
prospective students, emphasis will be intended at targeting currently enrolled undergraduates, alumni, and new Alma College students by attending and coordinating recruitment activities to include graduate college fairs and specialized recruitment events. The Associate Director will report to and work closely with the AVP of Graduate and Professional Enrollment to analyze all recruitment activities, approve budgets, identify recruitment opportunities, and establish partnerships in the best interest of the College’s mission. This position requires frequent
graduate recruitment travel to include day, weekend, overnight and will comprise approximately 60% of role and duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively recruit graduate students by attending graduate college fairs, establishing a connection with currently enrolled Alma students, and alumni. Engage and recruit students looking to pursue and accelerated bachelor’s to master’s degree program.
• Coordinate and host graduate focused recruitment events, provide admissions
presentations, review admission applications, conduct one-on-one meetings with campus visitors and following up with prospective students and applicants via phone, email, text, and scheduled appointments.
• Work in partnership with Associate Director of International recruitment in managing application review and recruitment of graduate international students. • • • Assist with international student I-20 and Visa paperwork.
• Utilize Slate to inform technology-based workflows and operational plans to help
students move through the graduate admissions and enrollment processes as quickly and easily as possible.
• Meet with prospective students for individual campus visits, educate them on program offerings, admissions criteria, financial aid process and course registration.
• Advise and serve as a resource to graduate program directors, applicants, and other interested parties regarding regulations, procedures, deadlines and criteria governing admission to the college.
• Reviews and evaluate applications for admission are compliant with academic standards established by the Alma faculty; determines admissibility within the criteria in partnership with the graduate program directors.
• Coordinates and monitors the flow of applications to and from department program directors.
• Makes recommendations and keeps informed regarding policies and procedures
governing graduate admission to Alma College.
• Maintains proactive outreach and timely responses with applicants using all available tools.
• Knowledgeable on all degree requirements and maintain the ability to advise students on their options.
• Prepares, reviews, and submits data reports as necessary.
• Performs office management duties, directs the workflow, plans, organizes, and sets priorities on work.
• Remains current in the admissions fields (with emphasis on graduate students) by reading publications and participating in professional organizations and networks associated with graduate students, admission and enrollment.
• Create an annual transfer recruitment plan. Conduct appropriate research on territory to establish and support goals and objectives.
• Travels in-state and out-of-state to attract, recruit, and retain prospective graduate students.
• Prepares documentation and advises applicants of official action taken on applications.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master of Science, Master of Arts, or Master of Business Association
• Experience and understanding of relational databases
• Demonstrated proficiency using Technolutions Slate
• Strong communication/counseling skills (interpersonal and written)
• Three to five years prior related admissions recruitment experience
• Ability to work effectively with administrators and faculty
• Valid U.S. Driver’s License
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College Application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references* to email@example.com.Priority will be given to applicants who apply by Friday, July 15, 2022.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s students thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.