The Assistant Track and Field Coach-Throws position is fully responsible for coaching and training Alma College student athletes in the throws events.
- Develop and Conduct all in-season and out-of-season workout schedules.
- Adhere to all department and college policies and procedures as well as the rules and regulations of the MIAA and NCAA.
- Work closely with fellow coaches to develop recruiting strategies and a pool of admissible prospects.
- Maintain good relations with parents of prospective and current student athletes.
- Responsible for helping with administration and set up of the Scottie Classic Track and Field Meet in the spring as well as many MIAA events that may be a part of our rotation or high school events that may occur using our campus facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned..
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division Ill and MIAA compliance and conference rules.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, along with travel.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to communicate effectively to various groups and individuals.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to fulfill essential function of the position.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references, via email to Matt Chovanec, Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country and Track & Field Coach at email@example.com. The Alma College employment application can be found at https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3956-employment-application-05012020.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.