The Systems Administrator is responsible for server, storage, and network services support.
Supervision received/supervision exercised - reports to the Chief Information Officer.
- Provides installation and support for VMWare, Windows and Linux server operating systems and related services.
- Performs backup, recovery, and backup validation processes.
- Performs system software and firmware updates as needed.
- Performs configuration and support for network printing.
- Assists in capacity planning across technical systems and regularly reports on system utilization.
- As part of an Infrastructure team, provide backup support for network systems.
- Works collaboratively within the department and campus community to implement and support technical systems.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skills in system and network technologies.
- On occasion, must work after hours, including evenings, holidays, and weekends, and be available on an on-call basis.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Chief Information Officer.
Required Qualifications – Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant certifications with two years of work experience.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience with VMWare, Microsoft, and Linux operating system support.
Physical Requirements - Lifting up to 25 lbs., sitting at a desk approximately 6 hours a day.
Please send a letter of application, resume, Alma College application and contact information for three references to Kyle Warner, Chief Information Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student- faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s lower peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.