Alma College is a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the NCAA Division III. The position will assistant the head coach with the oversight of the daily aspects of the swim and dive program and will participate as an active member of the Athletics Department.
- Assist the head coach with the organization and direction of all aspects of a competitive swimming and diving program
- Identify and recruit athletically and academically qualified student athletes
- Assist with regular practice sessions and meet preparation
- Assist with overseeing the administrative process for team travel
- Promote the values and objectives of the team, athletic department and school
- Other job related duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Athletics Director
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum 1 year coaching experience at the collegiate lever or demonstrated successful head coaching experience at the high school or club level
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and MIAA compliance and conference rules
- Educational background and expertise to teach college level courses
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, along with travel
- A valid driver’s license and approval as a certified driver under the Alma College policy
- Ability to communicate effectively to various groups and individuals
- American Red Cross or equivalent Lifeguard Certification
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to fulfill essential functions of the position
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application that addresses the skills required for the position, a résumé, an Alma College Employment Application and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of three (3) professional references via email to: Nick Polzin, Head Coach Swim & Dive, Athletics Department, Alma College, email@example.com. For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.