Alma College is currently accepting applications for the position of Junior/Staff Accountant. Working in the Financial Services department, the position is responsible for completing purchasing and general accounting functions.
- Manage college p-card program
- Assist student groups and departments with budget questions, purchasing, events, reimbursements
- Maintain fixed asset inventory for College, tracking additions and disposals.
- Conduct fixed asset inventories as necessary
- Preparing financials for the Alma Opera Block
- Assist with annual financial audits
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Approve journal entries
- Assist with setting budget access for staff and students
- Assist with liability insurance matters
- Serve as back up to senior accountant
- Assist departments with credit card applications
- Oversee the prepaid travel debit card program
- Assist with general accounting processes and oversight of programs
- Three years accounting experience or bachelor’s degree
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products, including Excel, Word, and Colleague systems
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in computerized accounting/finance/purchasing systems
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Proficient data entry
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references, via email to Cassie Tennant, Controller/Director of Auxiliary Services, at email@example.com. The Alma College employment application can be found at https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3956-employment-application-05012020.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.