Alma College seeks an Assistant Esport Coach to join its current team. The coach is responsible for assisting the head coach with the intercollegiate esport program, including but not limited to: coaching, recruiting qualified student athletes, fundraising, camps, developing schedules, budget management, building community support for the program, monitoring academic progress of student athletes, and knowledge of applicable NCAA rules.
Essential Functions - may include, but not limited to the following:
• Coach the esports team.
• Evaluates and recruits qualified student-athletes. Develops a recruiting plan and actively recruits student-athletes.
• Manages all aspects of the team, including practicing, competing, and scheduling.
• Scouts opponents.
• Monitors class schedules, grades, and student-athlete academic progress.
• Responsible for esport student-athlete retention.
• Develop and delegate specific job tasks to assistant(s).
• Model good sportsmanship and always enforce sportsmanlike behavior among players.
• Communicate personal and program expectations to team and individual players
• Cooperate with maintenance staff, transportation staff, and other who are involved in supporting the athletic program.
• Assist administration with alumni relations.
• Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the College, the MIAA, and the NCAA with the utmost integrity.
• Work cooperatively with personnel in athletic department, attend department meetings and activities, and always represents the College positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and club coaches, media and general public.
• Support the philosophy and mission of the College and the athletic department.
• Develop fundraisers to improve the esport program.
• Develop student-athletes to be contributing members to the campus community and the community at large.
• One year or more experience coaching or competing in one of the following titles: Rocket League, Call of Duty Multiplayer.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent computer and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with athletic staff, faculty, and student body.
• One year of experience recruiting student athletes.
• Experience conducting camps and tournaments
• One year experience coaching or competing in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.
• Assist with scheduling practices with the head coach, teams, and practice facility.
• Assist with conducting practices and instructing student athletes with personalized strategies and VoD review.
• Assist with team management including, recruitment and retention of student athletes, monitoring academic progress of student athletes, and ensuring institutional or league mandated student eligibility requirements are met.
• Assist with promotion and social media of teams.
• Attend department meetings and training as required.
• Accompany teams to any approved LAN events.
Qualified candidates should complete an Alma College application and submit a letter of application that addresses each of the skills required for the position, a resume, and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of four (4) professional references via email to: Chris Gaumond, Head Esports Coach, Alma College, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment- application.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. to academic
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student- faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s lower peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.